Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday with Dad

This edition of the Gracie update is being brought to you by Jeff the dad. Lisa had to be gone tonite for Confirmation practice with cousin Kayla, leaving dad and Grace on their own.

The day was good. I was the drop off and pick up person for daycare today. Grace did pretty well. She did her best to shame me into not leaving this morning, until I told her that all of that "guilt" business works better on mommy than on dad (I just hope she keeps believing it for a few days). Grace had a good day at daycare and that good mood extended well into the evening.

We played ball - she loves to have you toss or roll the big ball to her and then she'll "kick" it back to you (more of a shove really - but it works for me). Grace wasn't terribly hungry at supper time. We did eat all of our meds, but after the Mandarin Oranges, the rest of supper must have been hum-drum. We did enjoy pouring our applesauce in our lap (thank goodness for the Crumb-Chum bibs - extra long and have saved the day on more than one occasion!).

I don't know if Lisa mentioned this, but for a short while, she was the messy diaper queen - in our ongoing contest of who has changed the worst diaper. Well - NO MORE!! I believe I have again regained my title - although there are no corroborating witnesses - as the messy diaper KING! And for you parents out there - a question - why is it that the messier the diaper, the more they want to crawl away and roll around midway through the change? Is there something in their little brain that just knows? What is it?

Lastly - Gracie had her first "unsupervised by mommy - dad bath" tonite. I must say that it went pretty well. Grace had a blast - as usual - splashing like mad. I was soaked at the end of our time. She got out of the tub and dried off with no fuss too. Lisa wonders why it is that Grace gave me a pretty easy time, while giving momma heck. The reason: because God does not give you more than you can handle!

Grace fell asleep on my lap and is now down for the night - sleeping peacefully.

Good night to you and your family.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: