Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday - Mommy's Girl

Gracie had an awesome night's sleep. She awoke in a good mood and had lots of smiles for me. We went to eat a little breakfast and I mean "little". She doesn't like to eat when she first gets up, but I need her to eat a little so we can get her meds in her. Last night I had put a bowl of M&M's on the table. She spied those immediately and pointed. I told her that M&M's weren't for breakfast that they were for supper. She seemed okay with that for a little while. Pretty soon she gave me an impish smile and pointed again. I made sure she got her M&M's tonight for supper though.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and Jeff picked her up. Since he was on early shift today, he had time to work with her on her walking skills outside. She is doing so good. When I got home she was ecstatic to see me and was pretty much glued to my side for the rest of the night. She was mommy's girl.

After supper Gracie sometimes gets to a point where she is tired and a little over stimulated, so we have found that if Jeff and I take her into her room and just play and snuggle with her on her bed, she takes time outs to rest, but is in a much better, playful, and relaxed mood. So tonight we did this. If you remember, a couple of months ago Gracie and I went round and round about the night light in her room. She always wanted to touch it and I was teaching her that it was a "no no". She hasn't touched that light in months, pays it no mind really. Tonight she crawls up to it, I say nothing but keep a watchful eye on her. She turns back to look at me and shakes her head "no". I'm impressed that she realizes it is a "no-no". Then she looks at it again and I can tell it is calling to her. She looks back at me again and shakes her head "no". I also shake my head "no" in confirmation. Suddenly the urge is too great and she grabs it. Oh....we were so close.

Gracie had a hard time falling asleep tonight, but I think it was because she was overtired. She is peacefully snoozing now. I'm happy to say, once again, no seizure activity was witnessed today. YAY!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: