Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sunny Smiley Saturday

Gracie had a pretty good night, although she did wake about about 4:00 a.m., sit up and started to crawl out of bed. I helped her stay in bed and she layed back down. A few seconds later she sat up again, looked at me, and shook her head "no". I shook my head "yes", she smiled, layed back down and went back to sleep til 7:45 a.m. She awoke in an incredibly happy mood. Big smiles!

Gracie's morning was spent with daddy at band practice as mommy had a hair appointment and daddy's practice got moved from the afternoon. I'm told Gracie was pretty good and even was a little shy. I'm told that she took a liking to Betsy and her keyboard though. I'm also told that Betsy can blow a pretty mean bubble much to Gracie's interest and amusement.

When I got home Gracie was sleeping and she ended up napping for 2 hours. She fell asleep without lunch, so I thought she would be ravenous when she awoke at 2:45 p.m., but really wasn't. She did eat a fairly good lunch and then we headed outdoors to play. We were outside until suppertime just enjoying the beautiful weather. Daddy put together Gracie's new tricycle and Gracie took it for a spin. A backwards spin as she hasn't figured out how to make it go frontwards yet. Then we were going to take the wagon for a spin, but it was wet so will have to save that for another day.

Gracie was a very happy content girl for most of the day. She had lots of smiles and giggles for us and absolutely loved being outdoors. She ate a good supper that included her favorite pasta and then it was bathtime. She splashed like a crazy kid, but was also done and wanted out much sooner than usual. After bath she got to dance to a Michael Jackson CD. She loves this new after bath ritual. On those occasions where we don't have time for this, we see a nice little temper tantrum.

Gracie went to bed about 8:30 p.m. and is sleeping soundly. I'm headed that direction myself.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: