Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday - A Happy Girl

Last night as I just finished the blog and was anticipating a calm night, I heard a restless gurgling coming from Gracie's room. When I went in to check on her she was covered with blood, her bed was covered in blood, and as soon as I picked her up, I became covered in blood. She had one of her nasty bloody noses that are difficult to stop. While daddy stripped the sheets and blankets off the bed, I put Gracie in the bathtub to await the stop of the bleeding and to remove the blood from her. It finally stopped and our little cherub was sooooooooo tired, she once again fell asleep and had a very good and restful night.

I awoke her this morning by singing to her and that brought a smile to her face. She was in a good mood, but didn't really want to wake up. I could relate. She sat at the breakfast table slowly eating a little breakfast, with her lion and giraffe balloon floating next to her. She would look at it and get a big smile on her face.

I dropped Gracie off at daycare and when I took her out of her car seat, she decided she wanted to go back in. I think she knows the days I am running late and decides to be a little more challenging.

Daddy picked Gracie up at daycare and I came home shortly thereafter. When I walked in the door, they were sitting on the front steps waiting for me. Gracie had a smile from ear to ear and that is pretty much how she was all night. She was a wild splashing girl in the tub. After bath, Jeff and I layed on her bed while she serenaded us with her piano and she also danced to the music.

She fell asleep shortly after 8 p.m., but seems a bit restless. I hope she has a good night.

Love to all,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: