Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday - A Reunion with the Rellies

Gracie had another good night. She awoke bright and early at 6:30 a.m. I was in the shower when she awoke and when I came to say good morning, daddy had her watching Ed Young, a christian minister, on TV. Would you believe that Ed got top billing over mommy. I got a smile when I said good morning, she started to walk over to me and then Ed started saying something that caught her attention and she halted and walked back to the TV.

Gracie had a good morning, she splashed in the tub and had a great time. Since I was solo (daddy was working), I didn't attempt to take her to church. Lately it seems fruitless, so we watched mass on TV and she was very good during that. She loves the music, just can't seem to sit still for the rest.

We went for a walk outside today and much like yesterday, she decided she wanted to either walk backwards or run. She is really loving to walk backwards these days. She looks like such a little goofball walking everywhere backwards.

After lunch and a short nap, we headed to a family reunion about an hour away. Gracie was very good in the car for the first half of the trip. She read her book, we had some tunes on and she was a happy girl. Halfway there, she dropped her book and the fussing began. I was on busy interstate, so there was no way I was going to try and pick it up for her. She fussed, she whined, I had another book that I handed to her in the backseat that she refused. She acted as if it was an insult that I even offer her something other than the beloved "Raindrop Plop" book. When we got off the interstate, I was at a stop sign and grabbed the book and handed it to her. She didn't want it. What a little stinker. As soon as we arrived her mood lightened and she was happy to see her cousins, Grandma and Grandpa B., and some Aunts and Uncles, as well as many people she didn't know and some she came to know.

Gracie was a very busy girl at the reunion. There was lots of room to walk around and she took advantage of that. She was very tired by the time we left. She slept about half the way back and awoke the minute I pulled in the garage. Once home, Honorary Uncle Mitch stopped in for a short visit all dressed in his military uniform. Gracie was intrigued, especially with the flag on his arm. She kept giving him the look over, but didn't want to get too close.

Gracie had a good supper and a great evening. She was full of lots of smiles. She fell asleep very quickly as she didn't have long naps today at all.

Gracie did have an episode of strange shoulder and arm movements again today. So prayers are still appreciated.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: