Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday - Hanging with Mommy and Daddy

Gracie had a great night and slept through til 7:10 a.m. What a treat! She awoke in a great mood. We took our time getting out of bed and then made cinnamon rolls for a Saturday breakfast treat. Gracie also let us know that she wanted a banana. I always cut hers up for her, because she doesn't know how to regulate her bite size. Well today she insisted upon getting a half of the banana in one piece. She thought she was quite the big girl. She did pretty good at first, but true to form, I did end up having to dig a huge chunk out of her mouth.

Our morning was fairly lazy, we did some errands and laundry. We ate a light lunch and then Gracie took an 1-1/2 hour nap. She awoke in a great mood. (Note to my sister Cheryl, I think she might have been bored when you called me, she layed by my side and made snoring sounds. She can be quite the comic at times.)

After nap we headed to the park where Gracie got to go on the swings (still one of her most favorite things to do), she went down a couple of slides, and otherwise just had fun walking around. (Note to Cousins Julie and Crystal: Please don't be mad at Gracie, but when I put my Iowa Hawkeyes sweatshirt on, Gracie's eyes got really big. She loved the bright gold color. At one point she was snuggling and rocking with me, but her blankie was in the dryer, so she grabbed my sweatshirt to snuggle with.)

Gracie had a big supper and enjoyed some coconut cake for dessert. That was a big hit. She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough.

We played for awhile after supper. At one point, Gracie and I were laying in her bed reading a book. Jeff came in and layed beside Gracie. Gracie put the book over both of our heads. I asked her if we were "hidin" and she said "hidin". It was so cute.

We must have played hard today, because Gracie fell asleep very quickly. She is restfully sleeping and I think it is time for me to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: