Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday - Mommy Out Smarted the Two Year Old

Gracie had a good night last night. The one thing I don't understand about sleeping Gracie is how she can always tell when I cover her arms up. They feel cool so I put a blanket over them, in less than 2 seconds she pulls that blanket off in her sleep. She just hates anything covering her arms at night.

Gracie awoke while I was in the shower, when I came out to greet her and Jeff, she had big smiles for me. She was a good girl this morning and occupied herself with her piano. I have a hard time getting her to the breakfast table and we need her there to get her meds in her. I knew I would never get her away from her piano without a major meltdown, so I took her balloon with the Lion on it and in the Lion's voice invited her to come eat with him. She gave Mr. Lion a big smile and we headed to the kitchen table. Yay, mommy outsmarted the two year old. That doesn't happen much anymore.

Gracie had a good day at daycare. Jeff picked her up and they played outside and enjoyed the mild afternoon. I was later in coming home as I stopped at the grocery store. When I finally arrived home, Jeff and Gracie were outside waiting for me. Gracie could hardly wait for me to get out of the car for a hug, and then so she could slip in the driver's seat and pretend to drive.

Gracie was quite tired and irritable at times tonight, but just as it was getting to be bed time, she got her second wind and was quite hilarious. We have started the Duncan band. Gracie on piano, daddy on drums, and mommy on tambourine and bells. Gracie loves this and even sings in her microphone for us on occasion. You should just see her rocking out with a big smile on her face. It is priceless.

Gracie is sleeping peacefully and I'm going to join her so I can be rested up for a fun day with her tomorrow. I think the park may be calling our name. Hmmmm.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: