Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday - A "Good" Day

Gracie had a pretty good night, but woke up a bit grumpy. Daddy was the one to go in her room and even though she has been a daddy's girl lately, in the mornings she needs her mommy. So I went in to cuddle with her for a bit. Once her mood lightened Jeff and I were both snuggling with her and Jeff said "Good Morning". Gracie looked up at him and very clearly said "Good". We were both shocked...then he said it again. She again, said "Good" with a big smile on her face. I thought I needed to get in on this, so I said "Good Morning" and sure enough for the third time, she said "Good". What a great way to start the day.

Gracie had OT this afternoon and did really good there too. She did a great job with purposeful release, she is working on "on" and "off" and her therapist said to her "on" and Gracie repeated "on". She also cooperated much more with coloring on the white board. She helped take off her shoes and just really had a good session.

We hustled home to join in on the "Neighborhood Night Out" party. My goodness we have alot of kids in the neighborhood and they were kind enough to share their toys with Gracie. I realized we need to get her more outdoor toys. Gracie also loved hanging out with "Annabelle", our neighbor Nancy's dog. Annabelle is so good with Gracie too.

Tonight as I was putting Gracie in her pj's she looked up at me and signed "milk". She wanted her night bottle. She kept telling me (using sign) that is what she wanted. She would sign, then look up at me and smile.

We witnessed no seizure activity today, so that makes two days in a row of being seizure free. YAY!!!

Thanks again for all the prayers for our precious little one.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: