Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday - Sweet, Smart, and Happy

Gracie had a restless night from 2:00 a.m. til she woke up. She would cry out, but still be sleeping. I just snuggled her as much as I could and tried to keep her calm and reassured. It took her a bit to wake up this morning, but once she did she was happy.

Usually I carry her from the car into daycare, not today, we got her out of the car, I let her walk the whole way in, helped her walk down the stairs and she went running in to say hello. I was so proud of her.

Jeff picked her up at daycare and headed to work where he dropped Gracie off with me as he had a video shoot tonight just as I was done with work. Gracie was in the best of moods. She had a little snack and totally unprompted, signed that she wanted "more" after she had finished her fruit and grain bar. Tonight she also signed "music" when we turned some on at home.

Gracie had just the best evening. She was cooperative, happy, engaged, and things were really clicking for her tonight. It was so much fun. She wasn't convinced she wanted to go to bed tonight. Daddy tried to put her to bed, but that is mommy's job and she would not have anything to do with going to bed for dad. So as soon as I was available, I went to put her to bed. As I was laying by her, she took her hand and hit her leg, which is the sign for "dog". I looked at her with a puzzled look and said "dog?" She smiled and did it again. I again said "dog?" and she just started giggling.

She also gave mommy unsolicited sweet kisses tonight. She was in such a good mood and everything seemed to be right in her world.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: