Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday - Hanging at Home

Gracie awoke at 6:45 a.m. this morning. She had a pretty good night, but from her breathing I suspected that she might be coming down with a cold. A big sneeze at the breakfast table, complete with ooey gooey stuff flying out of her nose, confirmed my suspicions. I suspect she has a sore throat too, as she would grimace at times when she was swallowing.

Gracie was a little more needy today also, so although she had times where she was very good and in a very good mood, she also had times where she just needed a little extra TLC.

After church this morning, Gracie and I went out for a morning walk, which turned into a run for Gracie. I walk very fast backwards and she runs toward me to "get me". She loves this and I've never seen her move down the block so fast.

We had another success today at our neighbor's house. Gracie loves our neighbor Diane's house, driveway, garage door, you name it, she loves it. So she decided she wanted to go to Diane's house, but there is a big step up to get on the front porch. I told her we were going home so I wasn't going to help her on this big step up. She was determined, and sure enough, she held onto the side of the house and pulled herself up. I was shocked and proud.

Grandma and Grandpa D came over and brought us supper and stayed for a nice visit. Gracie was kind of tired, so wasn't at her finest. However, after they left she got her second wind. She was a busy girl. She jabbered and jabbered and jabbered. She finally fell asleep about 9:45 p.m.

Gracie had a few of her weird movements today. Just as I was saying we hadn't seen any for awhile. Prayers are welcome and appreciated.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: