Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday - A Happier Girl

Gracie had a very good night and awoke at 7:00 a.m. this morning and was very happy to snuggle with her mommy. Sleeping in til 7:00 a.m. felt like a little slice of heaven. I'm happy to say she awoke in a very good mood and whatever seemed to be bothering her last night thankfully disappeared.

She had a good morning, played, danced, and spent a couple of hours solo with daddy, while I did a little Christmas shopping - Jeff's family Christmas is in August. When I came home she had given daddy a little trouble while he was cooking her lunch. Jeff insisted she grew four or five arms and wanted to grab or touch everything.

I wasn't home long before I realized she was in need of a nap. It took her about two seconds to fall asleep. She awoke an hour later and was very unhappy, so I layed down with her and she fell asleep for another hour. She was in a fantastic mood when she woke up.

Gracie did have one of her weird little seizure movements today. Bummer, I had just shared with her neuro how good she was doing. Tonight I think she may have had a second one, but I'm not certain of that. I guess we'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Gracie was watching her Baby Signing Times dvd this afternoon when the power went out in the neighborhood for about 45 minutes or so. She was not happy that her show was shut off midway through. How do you explain power to a two year old???

Gracie and I headed out to the mall this afternoon for a short bit. She was a very good girl there. When we went into Bath & Body Works she got strict instructions to keep her hands to herself. Last time there we took out a shelf of lotion bottles.

When we got home from the Mall we decided to walk outside for awhile. Gracie decided she wanted to walk backwards. It was hilarious, we walked down the block with Gracie walking backwards. Everytime I would try to turn her around frontwards, she would smile and position herself right back to backwards. She thought this was great fun.

Gracie ate a huge supper of pasta - no surprise there since it is one of her most favorite things to eat. We read books and played until bedtime. She was a very tired girl tonight. All that walking backwards must have tired her out. She fell asleep in record time tonight.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: