Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday - More Birthday Fun

Gracie had a great night and slept in until 7:00 a.m. this morning and then took a nap at 9:45 a.m. She must have known she was going to have a big day. Gracie's Godparents and Godfamily came over for a belated birthday brunch. Gracie absolutely loved the attention and had fun playing with everyone.

One of Gracie's gifts was a little piano with a microphone. It was an instant hit! That has been the focus of her attention all day. She plays it and sways back and forth to the music. The smiles are from ear to ear. She even picked it up, took it in her room tonight, and thought mommy was going to let her go to bed with it. Ahhh - I don't think so. She was spoiled with lots of other fun things too.

This afternoon Gracie took an hour nap. I joined her for about 20 minutes. It felt like I had just fallen asleep when I felt a stuffed cat on my head. Apparently that was my sign that it was time to wake up. Gracie and I had a snack and then went outside to play. We walked for a little while and then went out on the deck to play with her water table. Gracie had great fun with that and was soaking wet by the time we came in.

Gracie had a great success today. She can now stand up from a sitting position on the floor all by herself. We have been working on this with her for months. Well she did it many times today, and even once did it while bringing her new piano up with her. YAY!!!!

Gracie amazes me with her cognitive skills of late. She is understanding so much and communicating so much back through gestures, sign language, and a few words. Tonight Jeff was playing her new piano and she told him "stop". It didn't sink in until she removed his hands from the keyboard.

Gracie must have gotten too much sleep today, because she had a really hard time falling asleep tonight. She didn't go down until 10:00 p.m. What a little night owl. That is 2 hours past her bedtime.

I'm happy to say I saw no seizure activity today, nor have I seen any all week. I'm optimistic the med increase was just what we needed for added learning, as well as seizure control.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: