Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday - More Family Time

Gracie had a good night's sleep and awoke in a good mood. The first thing she greeted me with at the bathroom door as I exited the shower. "Mooooooooo". I guess she still had cows on her mind.

We headed 45 minutes away to my great-niece Maci's baptism (congratulations sweet Macie - we love you). We got to see family and friends and had a nice time and a nice meal afterward. Gracie enjoyed herself and enjoyed taking family and new friends for walks. She did put her hand on another little girl's dads back and was quickly told "not to touch her daddy". This cracks me up, because if Gracie was more verbal, I could hear her saying that. She was a bit jealous when I was holding baby Kenzie (another great niece).

Then we headed to my parents for the afternoon. Gracie took a quick nap at their house and we had a nice visit. We got my parents all to ourselves, which doesn't happen often, so Gracie had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. She especially liked dancing to their polka music. We had supper with them, visited a little longer and headed home. Gracie did great on the drive home, mostly because she watched DVD's the whole way home.

When we got home, Gracie had a royal meltdown. It wasn't pretty and I know it was brought about by not enough sleep this weekend. Once she calmed down, she was our sweet girl again and asked for daddy when I layed down with her. She needed to give him a goodnight hug -- a nice end to Father's Day.

Gracie is now sleeping peacefully.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

shailena said...

Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
-----------------------------
shailenago
IEP Goals

Looking for an easy to use website for finding IEP Goals? Please visit our site.