Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday - Home with Mom

With Gracie's continued diarrhea, I stayed home with her again today. I'm happy to say, I think the stomach flu is behind us. She had a very good day. She asked for fluids all day long and had specific food requests as well. She opened the fridge herself (I knew this day would come) and took out some yogurt to eat. Then she kept fussing about wanting something on the cupboard, but was very frustrated that I didn't understand what she wanted. I finally knelt her on the cupboard and told her to show me what she wanted. She went to the toaster and motioned putting something in the slot. She wanted a frozen waffle toasted. She took her meds with absolutely no problems at all and ate a good lunch.

Gracie took a very short nap today, only an hour. Then we played outside for a while and took a wagon ride. She was doing so good that we decided to meet Grandma & Grandpa D. at the mall for supper. Gracie ate and ate and ate and ate. Then we walked down to the play area and Gracie made a new friend. A four year old girl named Debra took Gracie under her wing. They played that they were princesses. Everywhere that Debra went, Gracie went and she loved being included. At one point I looked up to see Debra, Gracie, and another little girl all holding hands. So sweet.

Gracie also got to see Michelle and Krystal from her daycare at the mall and had hugs for them as she hasn't been at daycare all week. I think she is missing her friends.

Gracie was very tired tonight when we got home. She is now snoozing peacefully in her Dora the Explorer pj's.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: