Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday - Feeling Better

Gracie had a very restless night but awoke in a good mood and was a major daddy's girl today. She followed him around like a puppy. When he took a shower she planted herself in front of the bathroom door, knocking and yelling his name (or actually her name for him: ma-mon). Gracie ate her meds like a good girl and but didn't really want any breakfast until daddy came to eat. Then she shared his breakfast with him - Toaster Struedel and Chicken Gumbo soup. I know, a weird combination.

Jeff took Gracie to daycare and I picked her up. I was greeted with a huge smile and she came running over, lept into my arms, and gave me a giant hug. When I put her down I asked her if she had a good day. Her response was her common response lately, "no" with a shake of her head. Then she smiles.

We had a good night. Gracie and I ate a quick supper while Jeff was at the grocery store and then he dropped us off at Target to get diapers and he went to Home Depot. Gracie was quite distressed when we came out of the store and daddy was nowhere to be found.

It was such a nice night out that we went for a walk when we got home. Almost nice enough to sleep under the stars, that is if that type of thing appealed to us. Ha!

Gracie is sleeping peacefully now. She has to rest up because Grandma and Grandpa D. are coming over tomorrow to help daddy build Gracie a swingset/playset for our backyard.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: