Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday - Preschool Visit

Gracie had a good night and didn't want to wake up again this morning. Once awake she was in a good mood. Today was an exciting day as we went to visit the preschool that Gracie will go to in the Fall. First of all we had Gracie's IEP and got to meet the teacher, physical therapist, occupational therapist, school principal, and para professionals that she will have in the Fall. We loved them all! We will continue to have Gracie's IEP goals be functional routine based goals. These seem to work best for her.

After Gracie's IEP, we took her to daycare and went back to the school to observe a classroom in session. We loved it! This is the perfect program for Gracie. I really feel that she will thrive here and I'm excited for her. We love Gracie's early ed teacher and physical therapist, so we are very sad that we only have two more months to work with them. They have been such an important part of her life and successes.

After work, Jeff and I picked up Gracie together. She was such a good girl all night long. Such a contrast to last evening. She was sweet, engaging, happy, and quite cooperative all night long. She even got a Cookie Monster sticker for being helpful when putting on her pj's.

Tonight she was hungry, took me by the hand to the kitchen, pointed to the counter and said "banana". Yes, she told me specifically what she wanted. It was AWESOME!

Tonight as I was laying down with her at bedtime, I told her I loved her and I signed it also. She signed AND said it back to me. It was one of those heart melting mommy moments.

She is now sleeping peacefully.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: