Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday - We've Had Better Days

Gracie had a fantastic nights sleep. I awoke at 4:00 a.m. and found her in the exact same position she fell asleep in...with her head in the crook of my arm. I'm usually awoken many times a night by her stirring and this night I slept peacefully too. Ahhh, it was great. Gracie awoke in a great mood. I did think we were going to have food holding problems again this morning, but she only held it for a bit and then swallowed it down.

Gracie had OT at the clinic today. We let her go in with the OT by herself again. I'm told she was uncooperative, didn't want to work, and wouldn't do anything that was too hard. She had quite a few meltdowns and was one sad girl when they came to get mommy. She got to go down the slide, but seemed very distracted. She was very happy when we were done and saw her neurologist. She and Dr. N. took a walk around the floor and Dr. N was thrilled to hear words and she even commented on how straight and tall Gracie was walking and how happy she was to see that.

She was a happy girl on the way home as we sang. Our evening was trying to say the least. Gracie was out of control, we had continual biting, tantrums, etc. She was even past the time outs doing much good. I think that in part it had to do with a more stern OT session where she was made to do things and I think she just felt out of sync. We barely got her meds in her. She had a little fruit and some milk and some cereal later, but would not eat a thing at supper time. Her bath was fun and she enjoyed that. She was also very hot. We let her run around in only a diaper and we turned on the air conditioning full blast.

Tonight when I layed down with her at bedtime she signed "sorry" to me. Makes me wonder if she realized that she was out of control, but just didn't know how to deal with it and once things had calmed wanted to tell me she was sorry. Just not sure.

At any rate, she is peacefully sleeping now.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: