Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday - Not Feeling So Good

Gracie had a horribly restless night and tossed and turned. She is coming down with a cold and can't breathe through her nose. This poses a problem when you need to breathe out of your mouth but also want to suck your thumb. She awoke at 5:30 a.m. in a great mood. As tired as I was, that smile put me in a good mood too. We layed in bed for a half hour just "talking" and snuggling.

Gracie got to hang with daddy for about 30 minutes before he headed to work for the day. Jeff and I were in the kitchen and he was telling me a story about something he didn't like and used the word "disgusting", not two seconds later, we hear a little voice in the living room saying "disgusting". Amazingly she said it quite clear too.

Gracie has a nasty head cold and cough. Her nose was like a faucet all day. She is getting better about helping to blow. No fever, just feeling a little punky. We snuggled alot and I let her just hang out for most of the day. She fell asleep at 11:00 a.m. and slept until 1:00 p.m. Although it was a restless sleep. Gracie had a late lunch and just after we finished, we were surprised to see daddy come home a couple of hours before we expected him.

After that an old friend that we haven't seen in a couple of years (one of Jeff's groomsmen) and his three boys stopped by. That was such a treat. Gracie wasn't too sure at first, but warmed up to them before too long. She eagerly doled out hugs when they left and fussed and cried because she didn't want them to go.

We took a walk around the block this afternoon and then just hung out. Jeff picked up supper at Bakers Square for us and Gracie and I were going to share an entree. It came in one of those styrofoam clamshells. I took a plate and cut some up for Gracie and put her in her seat. She wasn't quite happy with that and told me she was all done. So I let her get down. Pretty soon, she was sitting in my chair...pretty much edged me out, and was eating out of my clam shell. She so wants to do what we are doing.

She is asleep now, but very restless and keeps coughing. I better go check on her.

Have a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: