Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday - A Very Snotty Not Feeling Well Not So Good Day

Gracie had another horribly restless night. She was tossing and turning constantly. She was in constant motion and would wake up and cry out and sit up. This went on all night, until about 3:00 a.m. She finally fell into a peaceful sleep. So did I. She slept until 6:00 a.m. I was wishing she would have slept longer. This cold is really doing her in. Not only can she not breathe, but she has a cough with it too that wakes her.

This morning her early intervention teacher was supposed to come to visit, but cancelled as she was sick also. The cancellation turned out to be a good thing. Gracie started the "holding food with her seizure medicine" trick again. It took us til 10:00 a.m. to finally get it all in her. She also was in just a horrendous mood, no smiles, just wanted to be held. I was rocking her for about two seconds and looked down and she was fast asleep.

I stayed home from work to take care of her and it is a good thing I did. She just did not feel good and her mood was quite owly too. She had moments of happiness, but was very restless, and grumpy for a good part of the day.

This afternoon she must have been sick of being at home. She went and picked up my purse, handed it to me (which isn't any easy feat...it's a big heavy purse) and stood at the gate and said "bye bye". When I told her we were going to stay home, she proceeded to drag my purse through the house. She went around and around the kitchen to the living room about 20 times dragging this big ole purse.

Gracie only took an hour nap today. It's just hard for her to sleep with her nose all congested and a constant drain. She was very restless this afternoon and very moody this evening. Not much made her happy and we are struggling with her biting...but this is only me. She doesn't bite anyone else, she just bites me. She got quite a few time outs for this today. I'm amazed, she actually sits in the corner I put her in until I tell her she can get up. I do think it is starting to sink in as I saw her go to bite me tonight, thought better of it, and stopped on her own. I've tried talking to her, I've tried raising my voice, I've tried just saying "no", we've talked about being nice, in the end the time outs and very firm "no's" seem to work the best.

Gracie is finally sleeping but is very restless. It was a tough day for all of us. Here is hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: