Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday - Cousin Brent's Graduation

Gracie had a good night last night and slept in until about 7:00 a.m. this morning. She didn't have a very good appetite today. I let her have a piece of cheese at lunchtime and I think that did her in. She was also pulling at her ear, so I gave her some bubblegum flavored acetiminophen (sp?). This is the first time I've bought bubblegum flavored but it was the only kind available with the recall on all of the Tylenol and Motrin brands for kids. I was afraid she wouldn't like it. Aunt Sheila informed me it was cousin Jason's preferred flavor. She was right in Gracie's case too. She loved it, wouldn't give me the syringe back, and kept signing "more".

Gracie had an hour and a half nap this afternoon and then we headed for a road trip to cousin Brent's graduation party. We were thrilled to see lots of family and Gracie made a lot of new friends too. It is interesting to me that she LOVES kids that are older and bigger than her, she loves babies, but pretty much freezes with eyes down when a mobile child that is smaller than her comes up to her.

Gracie enjoyed taking lots of walks, getting piggyback rides, and all of the attention she received from family and friends. We headed back home about 8:30 p.m. and as tired as Gracie was, she didn't fall asleep on the ride home, but for the most part was very good natured for the trip back.

It didn't take her long to fall asleep once she got home.

Wishing you all a safe Memorial Day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: