Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday - Happy When Held

Gracie had a pretty good night and awoke at 7:00 a.m., unfortunately I didn't get to sleep that long as I wanted a shower before Jeff left for work. Gracie and I hung out together this morning and she was happy as long as I was holding her. If I put her down she was not happy. I'm not sure what was up with that. We did venture out to the bridal store to see about getting cream colored frilly socks. Gracie loves the owner of the store and when she saw Gracie, she got down on her knees and said "how is my little friend". Gracie ran to her and gave her a huge hug.

Then we headed to ShopKo to pick up a few things. Gracie did good riding in the cart as long as it was moving. She got a treat of Junior Mints at the store. They were a huge hit. Then home for lunch and a nap. Gracie had a really hard time falling asleep, then woke up about 45 minutes into her nap. Daddy was home from work and layed down with her, but that never works (daddy is fun and we never go back to sleep for him) so he headed off to band practice and I layed down with her again. She fell back to sleep for another hour and a half. This did wonders for her mood.

After nap we made a cool refreshing strawberry banana soy smoothie. That was a big hit. Then we went for a walk, followed by splashing and playing with her water table. Gracie and daddy watched all of Gracie's favorite Sesame Street and puppy videos on You Tube for a while tonight. Gracie loves getting to play "puter".

It was quite hot in the house tonight so I took Gracie outside on the deck for awhile and we just sang and walked as she layed her head on my shoulder. She loved it out there and it was a beautiful night. Cool breeze and no bugs.

She is now sleeping, but is restless. I think she is hot, even though she looks cool in her new Spongebob pj's in bright yellow. I just turned on the air to get a little humidity out of the house. That should help a bit.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: