Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday - How to Annoy My Mom

Gracie had another great night. YAY!!!! She awoke in a great mood once again and was very playful as she ate breakfast and seizure meds. She did great when I took her to daycare. She was excited to see Arthur was on TV when we arrived. Our routine is we take off her shoes and then she takes them and puts them where they belong. Since Arthur was on, she didn't want to take her shoes, so we had to shut if off until she did her job. Michelle got a pretty dirty look for shutting Arthur off.

When I picked Gracie up from daycare she was getting a scooter ride around the block. On the way home, she started gagging herself. This annoys me so much because there is nothing I can do about it while I'm driving. Sure enough, she gagged herself enough that she threw up all over herself. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So I had to wipe her down before I brought her in the house and then we had to strip her coat and clothes off as soon as we entered the house.

Gracie was a bit challenging tonight. She was very unhappy and demanding. Half the time I don't think even she knew what she wanted. She was very tired and I think that is why things were a little rough.

Gracie did enjoy her bath. After we dry her off she absolutely HATES laying down to get her diaper on. So I said to her "Gracie, you are just going to have accept that you need to get your diaper on until you go potty in the potty chair." She went over to the toilet, raised the lid and wanted to sit down. So we sat her there for awhile and she was more than happy to sit. She didn't go potty, but this may be a start, who knows.

Gracie is now fast asleep and covered with her hand me down blanket from cousin Kayla. Soft and cuddly.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: