Monday, May 17, 2010

Mommy-less Monday

In a rare guest appearance, today's Gracie Update will be written by Jeff the dad. Lisa had a seminar on special needs children to attend, so Grace and I were the two Musketeers tonite. I picked her up at daycare around 5:00. All of the kids were playing outside and Grace was in a great mood.

We came home and had some snacks, played, watched some videos (including the new favorite, Barney).

Grace was real good tonite, shoveling away her supper and taking her meds like a trooper. This evening marked our second sentence. As I was going into the pantry to see what all there was to make for supper, I heard some footsteps coming behind me followed by a big-little voice calling, "Me Too!" Grace loves to check out the pantry, so how dare I neglect to bring her along!! I was quite proud of her. She also repeated quite a few of the words from Barney. Her vocabulary has taken another leap forward.

After supper, we (I) decided we should go for a walk. A walk was a great idea until we (Grace) decided that we (Grace) didn't want to walk very far. It was then that we (I) had to carry one of us around the entire block. So our (my) walk was very enjoyable as we (Grace) rode on dad's shoulders for the duration.

After our walk and playing outside, it was time for bed. We were just winding down and then we (Grace) heard the garage door open. Suddenly we were wound up all over again at the prospect of mommy coming through the door (I don't supposed it helped that I kept saying, "who do you think is here??").

Grace finally calmed back down and is now sleeping - bringing an end to a fun evening.

Good night to you. Thanks for reading.

Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: