Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy Busy Weekend

We've had a busy weekend. Here are a few highlights.

Friday: Grandma & Grandpa D. rolled into town for the summer. Jeff had to work, so Gracie and I surprised them and stopped in for a little bit. Gracie played major shy until she spied one of their cats. The rest of the visit was spent in delight walking with Grandma, petting cats, and peeking at them under the table.

Saturday: Gracie visited Grandma & Grandpa D. again for a little while in the morning with daddy. Then we went to help cousin Jason celebrate his star/golden birthday. Gracie had a great time and especially liked the birthday candles. She helped Jason blow them out...or attempted to anyway. She was quite a chatty Cathy too. She also got to swing and slide at their neighbors. She also squealed in delight at their yellow lab, Sandy. She also know says Sandy and Jason's name. She also attempted Sheila and Kayla, although they weren't quite as clear. She had a great time, but was one tired girl by the time we got home.

Sunday: Gracie woke me up in the wee hours of the morning with one of her mondo bloody noses. Yes, blood all over the bed and her. Once again I sing the praises of Era laundry detergent and Oxyclean in combo. I pretreated nothing and the blood came right out.

We all went to Jeff's church this morning and were joined by Grandma and Grandpa D. Gracie was a good girl and we didn't have to take her out at all. I think that may be a first. Yay. After church Gracie was so tired she didn't want to eat lunch. Jeff and Gracie took a long nap while I went to the grocery store. Then we had a memorial service/celebration of life to attend, so I drove Gracie to my sister's house about 30 minutes away (thank you Sheila, Chris, Kayla, and Jason for taking such good care of Gracie) and then headed back. I was 30 minutes late, but just in time for the slide show and memory sharing. Then Jeff and I headed to pick Gracie up. I'm told she has the nickname of "Hoover" (as in the vacuum) as she ate and ate and ate. Sheila always was a better cook than me. Gracie had a great time. When I left her and wanted to say goodbye, she paid no attention to me, she was having too much fun. When we returned we did get hugs and smiles, but we could tell she had a busy afternoon/evening of fun.

Now we are all exhausted. Gracie is snoozing and Jeff and I are headed to bed as well.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: