Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday - A Day of Accomplishment

Gracie had an awesome night and I should have known it would be a great day when she woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was smiles from ear to ear. All was right with the world.

Usually when I drop Gracie off at daycare, she gets a little clingy and snuggly. Not today, she had a musical toy to play with and my attempt for a kiss was barely acknowledged. She was an independent girl! I was excited to get a video sent to my email at work mid-morning, it was a short clip of Gracie attempting to climb up on the couch at daycare...and then success!!!!! This was a first!!!! She has been trying, but up until today couldn't quite do it. Thanks so much Barb and Michelle for capturing it - so I could witness this first!!!! Jeff and I were so proud.

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare and got to witness Gracie climbing up on the couch again. She is working on mastering that. Jeff brought Gracie to her OT appointment at the clinic and I met them there. Gracie had a new OT today and she was GREAT with Gracie. We worked on having her help take off her shirt, washing her own hands, turning the water on in the faucet, chewing (a stick of beef jerky), putting items in and out of a play refrigerator and climbing the steps. The reward for climbing the steps is that you get to go down a slide. Gracie got to go down on her tummy today. BIG HIT! Gracie really responded well to the Occupational Therapist today and had some big accomplishments as we worked through the items. Jeff and I sat back and grinned from ear to ear with pride. She really made progress today.

Gracie was in a great mood tonight and her and I worked on a few things at home too. I could tell she worked hard today as she really ate alot for supper. After she was done eating her own plate of potatoes, carrots, and ground beef, she started in on mine. She also had applesauce, mandarin oranges, part of a pop tart, some fruit loops, and some M&M's. I think she may be growing.

About 7:45 p.m. Gracie fell asleep and is sleeping soundly. It was a great day for so many exciting accomplishments and successes.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: