Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday - Feeling Good

Gracie had a horribly restless night, she rolled constantly. I was just reading about a sleep study they are starting on sleep behavior of individuals with Sotos Syndrome. They didn't say alot about it yet, but I'm wondering if this constant tossing and turning is possibly part of that. Hmmm. By the time she needed to get up, she was sleeping peacefully. Go figure. I awoke her by singing "You are my Sunshine" and then "Day-O - the Banana Boat Song". Both are favorites of hers and thankfully she awoke with a smile.

Gracie was a very happy girl this morning and was only too happy to give me lots of hugs and snuggles. When I dropped Gracie off at daycare, she held on for dear life. The result of having mommy's undivided attention for two days in a row. She went and sat by "Gramma Barb" and snuggled so I was able to leave without too much guilt. Jeff picked Gracie up from daycare and she greeted him with a huge smile.

Gracie was a happy girl for the first part of the night, but was so tired after supper that she had a number of meltdowns. I was reading that this was another trait of individuals with Sotos Syndrome - frequent meltdowns over small things. Personally, I think it is more about almost being two than it is about anything else. I guess time will tell.

Gracie fell asleep at 7:45 p.m., but is a bit restless again.

Tomorrow we will be admitted to the hospital in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit for a 24 hour EEG for Gracie. All prayers are welcome that we get good news. Daddy will be on blog duty tomorrow night and since we will want his presence at the hospital it may be posted later than usual -- so don't worry if you don't see an update til late.

All our love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: