Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday - Mother's Day

Gracie had a good night last night and woke me just before 6:30 a.m., by sticking her finger in my sleeping eye. I guess she wanted to make sure I was really sleeping. She was in a great mood when we were snuggling, but as soon as we got out of bed, her mood wasn't quite as sweet. She had her moments throughout the morning.

Gracie took a 45 minute nap this morning and started getting grumpy about 11:30 a.m. She hadn't eaten much for breakfast and I didn't realize the time, so that was my queue she was getting hungry. I gave her a bite of pear before I put her in her high chair and was rewarded with a huge smile. Pears and mandarin oranges are Gracie's favorite fruits. She likes applesauce quite well too. Gracie ate a good lunch. Then she treated me to a really cute mother's day card that referenced the fact that she was really glad I wasn't a selfish doody-head. I think maybe daddy helped her pick that one out!!! It really was cute. She also got me a balloon and we are going to the floral store another day to pick out a big hanging basket of flowers.

After lunch we headed to my parents' house for the day. Gracie fell asleep 20 minutes before we arrived at Grandma & Grandpa's house and that was her afternoon nap. Despite not having a very long nap, she was in a great mood and enjoyed all of the attention she got from G&G, as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins. She is my social butterfly. Being around people does wonders for her mood.

On our way home Gracie fell asleep about 2.5 seconds into the ride and slept the whole way home. She awoke for a couple of minutes upon arrival home, but went right back to sleep. She was a tired girl. I hope we don't experience a night terror tonight. We tend to experience those if we get overtired. Perhaps we'll luck out.

Gracie's increase in Topamax is going well and we really aren't seeing the groggy foggy stage with this increase. Yay!

Have a good week!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: