Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Gracie awoke at 4:00 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. She wanted to, but I guess that 3 hour nap earlier in the day wasn't such a good idea. We rocked for awhile and snuggled for awhile and about 5:00 a.m. she finally fell back to sleep. She awoke again at 6:45 a.m. and was sad that mommy had to go take a shower. I asked her if daddy could come snuggle with her and she shook her head "no". I asked her three times and each time I got the same answer. We thought she was teasing because she would smile and snuggle in even closer to me. She wasn't kidding, as soon as I got out of bed and Jeff climbed in, she was not happy.

Gracie was a pretty good girl in church today. I did have to take her out at the end of the sermon for a bit as she started to fuss. She enjoyed the music. After church she took a nap and then ate a good lunch. We played for awhile and then while daddy mowed the lawn, Gracie and I headed to the flower store to buy mommy her Mother's Day hanging basket of flowers. This was to be done the day before Mother's Day with Gracie and I as a new tradition, but Gracie got sick. So we just postponed it for a few weekends. Gracie especially loves when I water the flowers and water comes out the bottom of the pot. She likes to sit on the grass and watch the water and if I didn't make her stay where she was, she would have been underneath to feel the water.

Grace took an hour nap this afternoon and then we went outside to play and get some fresh air. She's getting very good at walking on the grass and I think that her balance when she walks on the sidewalk is even more steady. She even did a little running while holding my hand tonight.

After supper Gracie and daddy had water wars in the bathtub. No one emerges from these water wars without being soaked. The bigger the splashes the bigger Gracie laughs and giggles. Her legs just kick and kick and kick. It is great fun to watch.

Tonight Gracie decided she wanted daddy to put her to sleep (this is usually mommy's job). Perhaps she was feeling guilty for not snuggling with him earlier!

All in all a good day. We read books again and had some good family time playing on the floor.

Have a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: