Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday - Another Day with Mom

Gracie finally fell asleep last night at 11:10 p.m. She ran a low grade fever and was terribly restless, she just couldn't get comfortable. She rolled and tossed and turned. This morning when she woke up, it was evident that something was not right in her world. After a couple of diaper changes (I'll spare the details) it was clear that her stomach was not feeling well. I stayed home from work again today to take care of her.

I usually limit Gracie's TV watching to 30 - 60 minutes per day at most, but today with her not feeling well I allowed her to watch some PBS kids shows for an hour and a half this morning. She was in heaven. Gracie loves the TV.

As the day progressed, I could tell that Gracie was starting to feel better. Her stomach was still a little sensitive this afternoon and evening, but she ate pretty well. The key with all of this heat is to keep her well hydrated.

I did put her water table together this afternoon and let her play with it on the deck for awhile. She LOVED it!!!! She was soaked from head to toe when I finally made her come in the house. I did find out that I have to watch her like a hawk. With it being as windy as it was today, leaves and other small debris kept flying in her water table. At one point there was a small little piece of a twig. I remember thinking I need to pull that out. I looked away for a second to see Gracie moving her mouth a little weird. Sure enough, she had it stuffed inside her cheek and boy was she mad when I dug it out.

Tonight after supper I took her outside and we walked on the grass. Gracie is doing great with her balance as she walks over the uneven surface of the grass. Her biggest hindrance is her confidence level. She can do it, she just feels more secure if she has a hand to hold.

Gracie was in a very happy mood this evening and I was rewarded with lots of smiles. Tonight we read a number of books and as we read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See", I told her that the purple cat says "meow" and she very sweetly repeated me.

Gracie had a hard time falling asleep again tonight, but is sleeping soundly now. Sweet dreams.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: