Tuesday, May 5, 2009

PT Tuesday

Gracie had a great, very restful night. She awoke in a good mood and was ready to start the day. She had lots of smiles for mom and dad. When I dropped her off at daycare she was full of hugs and snuggles.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and worked on her latest new skill - blowing kisses! I picked Gracie up mid-afternoon and we headed to the clinic for her physical therapy appointment. She was happy to see Leslie, took her hand in the lobby and together they walked to the PT room. Gracie was so ready for PT, she actually more like "ran" to the PT room. I just followed behind pushing the stroller and smiling at our independent little girl. Gracie worked on standing on her own, walking on a bumpy surface (although she used her problem solving skills and starting walking around the bumps rather than having to use her balance skills), she worked on running, and bouncing. Leslie was very happy with Gracie's progress. She felt she was walking straighter and seemed to have more strength.

On the way home from PT, Gracie fell asleep in the car. I took her out of her car seat and put her in bed without her waking up. About 6:30 p.m. she awoke and was not a happy girl. Eating supper helped a little, but she was a bit moody here and there throughout the night. She did have moments of contentment as she played on her own with her musical stacking rings and reading books.

At one point tonight, Jeff and I were on the floor with Gracie and she was doing her own thing. I said some smart comment and Jeff started going after my feet. I started screaming as my feet are pretty ticklish and pretty soon Gracie turns around, looks at me, starts screaming in happiness and rushes over to join her dad in the battle against mom. It cracks me up as usually kids see their parents horsing around and start crying. Not Grace, she wants in on the fun.

Gracie fell asleep about 9:00 p.m., but it is a restless sleep. Hopefully she'll have a good night's sleep.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: