Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Beautiful Sunday for Swinging

Gracie slept in until 7:00 a.m. this morning -- that was a great treat for all of us. Although she slept in, she wasn't in the greatest of moods. I think her cold was getting the best of her. We did take her to my church with us and she did very good. We even had a person come up to us and tell us how good she was in church. Sweet! That's not always the norm for her. Jeff did take her out for a little while when she had just sat for too long.

We came home and she was too tired to even eat lunch, so we put her down for a nap. While she slept, daddy stayed at home with her, while I went to my home away from home...Target. We were out of everything. By the time I got home, she was awake and had eaten lunch. She also had an absence seizure today at lunch time and I think she had one again at dinner time, but I'm not certain the dinner time was one.

Mid-afternoon Jeff had to go to work, so I took Gracie outside for awhile. It was about 67 degrees and sunny out. I sat her in the grass for a while and she just smiled. I think she loved the mild breeze. That went well until she started eating the grass. Then we went for a walk, until her legs got tired. After that, I took her for a stroller ride to the nearby school and let her swing. That was a huge hit. The higher we went the louder the giggles. It was then that I realized, just about everything Gracie does is more of an effort for her, but when she was on the swing - she was a normal little girl just loving life. That just made me feel good inside. We also went down the slide, but not as big of a hit--it's that balance issue again.

We came home and Gracie took a nap and was in the best mood when she woke up. I snuggled with her for a while and I pretended I was going to get her cheeks with kissies, she just giggled and giggled. Her giggle was so contagious that I began to laugh, which made her giggle all the louder.

Regulating Gracie's G.I. system is quite a balancing act. I think I made her diet too bland and binding, and now her problem with diarrhea may be just the opposite. Who knew it would be such a science.

Gracie was a tired little girl tonight and went to bed about 8:30 p.m. Sweet dreams.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: