Monday, November 1, 2010

Tired Monday!!!

First of all let me start out by informing you that November is National Epilepsy Awareness Month. Wear your purple!!! This years theme is "Get Seizure Smart". According to epilepsy.com, in America, epilepsy is as common as breast cancer and takes as many lives.

Gracie slept well until about 4:00 a.m. She awoke and asked for daddy. I told her daddy was sleeping, she sat up for a little while and then went back to sleep. Then when 6:00 a.m. rolled around she did not want to wake up. It was slow moving this morning. Jeff took Gracie to daycare this morning and she was very clingy.

Gracie had school today and I let her teacher know she was extra tired today. Here is what her teacher had to say about her day:

Grace was tired today, she tried to crawl in the doll bed when we were using it for a speech activity.

Today Grace was the calendar helper and helped point to the day/month/date with the pointer. She loves helping.

I'm finding that she just loves to help at home too. If you acknowledge what a good helper she is, she just beams.

Gracie got to play outside at daycare, fell asleep on the bus after school and then didn't take a nap. Tonight she was so tired, I had a heck of time keeping her awake until 7:30 p.m. I was able to get her to eat some soup, pears, and bread, then we did a quick bath. We read lots of books and she really enjoyed that as we snuggled with her head resting on my chest.

I read her a book I haven't read to her in a while. It used to be her favorite that we would have to read a couple of times a day about going to the dentist. I read it to her tonight and she remembered a lot of the the words, she was saying them before I even got to the point of reading them. I was amazed.

Gracie is now sound asleep all cozy under her Pooh blanket.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: