Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Weekend

Gracie had a Halloween party at daycare on Friday and I think the girls had fun. They dressed up in their costumes, they made paper pumpkins, and came home with the cutest little kitty treat bag, complete with stickers, a black spider cup, a Halloween picture frame that had the cutest picture of her and Kayla all dressed up in it, glow bracelets, and a book. We did have one little hiccup, daddy picked Gracie up at daycare and it was supposed to be me picking up...Gracie is not happy if daddy picks her up when she is told it is going to be mommy. She was very mad at daddy a good part of the evening. I finally took her aside and told her that I was sorry that I wasn't able to pick her up, that something came up so I asked daddy if he would pick her up so we wouldn't be late and it was very nice of daddy to do this. She listened intently. Then daddy came downstairs to where we were and they were best friends the rest of the night.

On Saturday Gracie was incredibly clingy to me all day. She just wanted to be held. She didn't seem sick, just needed alot of attention and alot of snuggling. We did take a walk to the local school playground and played on the swings and went down the slide for a bit, but it was just too cold to stay long. Gracie had mittens and ear muffs on, but the wind was quite cold. On Saturday night we went to Jeff's churches Fall Harvest Party. Gracie made some new friends and was one tired girl by the time we came home.


On Sunday Gracie slept in til 8:00 a.m. That was an incredible treat. Gracie was good as gold this morning. She was very content to play by herself at times, interacted well with me, played with toys, listened to music, and was just a sweetheart. She took a very short nap, but was in a good mood and since she slept late, I'm sure she just didn't need a long one. After nap she watched daddy mow the lawn through the window.
So we needed to get a urine sample from Gracie and since she isn't potty trained, I was going to have to use an adhesive bag and stick it to her bottom and then put her diaper on. I knew this would not go over well. So I brought the little potty chair upstairs and I said to Gracie "We need to get some of your potty and we have two ways to do this, you get to decide which we do. We can stick a bag to your bottom (she was listening intently and as I said this she patted her bottom) or you can go potty in the potty chair." I then asked her if she wanted to go potty in her chair and she said "no". I then said "How about if we give it a try?" She was good about sitting on the potty. I read her a book while she sat and sure enough, she went potty. Yay!!!!
Our friend Laurie and her 6-1/2 year old son came over this afternoon and we had a great visit. It took Gracie a while to warm up, but she had a great time and she really took to Laurie. By the end, she was having fun, rearranging the face on Logan's Mr. Potato Head costume.
Trick or treating was not the pleasant experience I envisioned. She had some major sensory overload going on. She didn't want to get dressed in her kitty outfit (we nixed the fairy outfit for this evening as it was too cold), she wanted to see who was at the door, but then the fact that any one was at our door made her fuss, I sent her out the door with her daddy and she was a crying kitty. She did enjoy being outside and trick-or-treated at a few places, but mostly just wanted to walk outside. She was very proud to show me her treats. Please remind me next year NOT to let her eat very much candy. I let her pick three pieces and it was too much sugar overload. She had a heck of a time falling asleep.
She is now fast asleep. Sweet dreams little kitty.
Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: