Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday-Playdate Reschedule Due to Stomach Bug

Gracie woke up a little before 5:00 a.m. this morning with diarhea again. That was the theme of the day. At last count I think we had 6 nasty diapers and one total blow out that sent her clothes to the washing machine.

The good news is she seemed to have a little more of an appetite today and her energy level definitely was increased. She was dancing and running around the house. She also had times when she just wanted to be held or lay on her bed and snuggle.

We ended up canceling her playdate for today and rescheduling. We just didn't want to pass this bug to others. I was bummed as I was really looking forward to it and I knew Gracie would have had a good time too.

We did end up taking her for an outing to Shopko late this afternoon as she was just going stir crazy at home. I think that helped a bit and she had fun being out and about, although the transitions from the car to the house and vice versa are major tantrum causers. We've been seeing that more and more frequently.

When Gracie wants me she calls me "me mama" or sometimes she'll say "need me mama", but she says it so fast and linked together it sounds like "mean mama". It cracks me up when she says it.

We're hoping for a healthier day tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: