Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday - Happy Girl

Gracie woke up in a happy mood this morning and was good natured but wanted nothing for breakfast, including her meds. I then signed "please" and she opened her mouth and took the first bite. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy, because she decided not to swallow them. So I got out some Smarties candy and everytime she took a bite (we have to get four down) she would get a Smartie candy. I never dreamed I would be giving my child candy for breakfast and on a school day no less.

I don't know much about Gracie's school day, but I do know she did not fall asleep on the bus ride home and did take a nap which made for a fun evening at home. Gracie was just plain silly. She was full of giggles and teasing. She also enjoyed the Christmas tree at daycare and I'm told she was very good about not touching it.

She is becoming so much easier to reason with and talk to as her comprehension levels continue to increase. She pretty much understands everything we say.

Gracie is starting to have opinions on things she never had opinions on before. She has her winter coat from last year a cute brown coat that still fits...but won't for long. She also has a pink sparkly coat that is the next size up just waiting for her. She loves looking at the pink sparkly coat and today she insisted that was the one she needed to wear.

Gracie is now sleeping soundly. Hopefully she will have a more peaceful night tonight...last night she kept talking in her sleep and at one point, while she was sound asleep, started clapping. I would LOVE to know what that dream was about.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: