Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monday & Tuesday

Gracie has had a good couple of days with the exception of very loose stools and her appetite hasn't been so great either. She seems fine otherwise and doesn't really complain that she isn't feeling well. I'm just not sure what's up with that. Tonight I made her some chicken noodle soup thinking that would be good for her tummy. She ate a couple of spoonfuls and then decided she didn't want anymore, but instead of telling me this, she would just open her mouth and let it slide out.

Gracie's delayed motor skills have always kept her from climbing on things. She just didn't have the skill, strength, balance, or confidence to do it. This is how I found her last night...I think perhaps our no climbing days are gone.


Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare tonight and I worked a little late. I got a frantic call from home - did I know where Mickey Mouse was? Gracie has an extreme obsession right now for her Mickey and Minnie Mouse figures. She loves for them to talk to her and she plays with them as well. She was refusing to do anything, including a diaper change, until they could be found. Gracie had a doctor's appointment this morning and I had taken them along to entertain her. They were still in my purse...so I had to get on the phone and assure her that mommy had them and would be bringing them home soon. Gracie was VERY happy to see mommy, Mickey, and Minnie walk through the door.
Gracie continues to talk and talk. She was half listening to a "Dora the Explorer" show the other day while she was sitting at the computer. On Dora they were talking about how to get to the top of the mountain and were repeating "bridge", "door", "top of mountain". I didn't even realize Gracie was listening when I heard those exact words come out of her mouth. While in the waiting room at the clinic today she asked me "What's that?" She was referring to the front desk. She also made friends with a couple at her appointment. They asked her how old she was and without missing a beat she said "three". I about fell over.
Gracie and I played with her Jack in the Box over and over and over again tonight. She thought it was great fun for Jack to go back in the box.
My sleepyhead is now snoozing away.
Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: