Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Weekend

Gracie's Saturday was not the best of days. She had happy moments, we saw smiles, but she was very needy. She wanted to be held alot...but not just by anyone, it had to be mommy. At 43 lbs., it's getting harder and harder to hold her while standing for extended periods of time...like all morning and when she wants to be held, she wants me to be standing up and walking with her. My biceps keep getting stronger! We did take a walk outside, but the wind was pretty raw and we all got cold.

Gracie did think it would be fun to wear mommy's shoes. I love when little kids do this and this was an especially exciting thing for me. Gracie struggled with walking for so long that I never really thought the day would come when she would actually be able to put on my shoes AND be able to walk in them. I just have to remember...Gracie gets to all of the milestones...she just gets there a little slower than others. She thought she was hilarious and the more outraged I pretended to be that she was wearing my shoes, the funnier she thought it was.


Sunday was a new day. Gracie had an awesome nights sleep and was in a great mood all day. She played with lots of toys. She is really starting to enjoy toys, we played alot with her playhouse and her Mickey and Minnie Mouse clubhouse. She loves when you talk for Minnie and Mickey Mouse. Gracie also sat on the floor today in the kitchen where I could hear her, but not see her and she was signing just about every other word of a Brad Paisley song along with the cd. Music is her thing. I wish I would have been able to record that. Gracie did alot of dancing today. She was wearing a frilly dress, so that just made dancing even more fun.


This afternoon we went and donated all of Gracie's old shoes that don't fit anymore to charity, then we went to Target and picked up just a few things. Gracie was having such a good time that after Target she lead me to Dick's Sporting Goods, so we went in there and tried out the bicycles with training wheels. Let's just say it's going to be a very long time before she masters that.

We played outside late this afternoon and went for a walk. Gracie was very sad that we couldn't walk to the local school playground. Actually I think the word is mad, rather than sad.

She ate a big supper tonight and was the splashing queen tonight in the tub. She is now asleep. The time change is throwing off her schedule. It usually takes her about a week to get used to that schedule.


Love,

Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: