Friday, October 8, 2010

Thursday/Friday - Cough, Cough, Cough

Gracie had a good day at daycare and when I got there to pick her up, she wanted to play chase, as in mommy chases me if she wants me to go home with her. Her nose was still running pretty good and Mandy indicated that intaking alot, especially fluids. So I gave her a glass of Gatorade on the way home...she loves her orange Gatorade, so I can usually make that work. She has been refusing ice cream lately (I think it just doesn't taste good with her cold) so I gave her chocolate yogurt with her seizure meds, but she refused that also. Then I added in a soft sugar cookie with orange frosting and sprinkles to the mix. Suddenly I was allowed to add a spoonful of medicine laced yogurt to the mix....actually four spoonfuls is what it takes and we got them all in.

We had soft-shelled mild, mild, mild tacos for supper and she really liked those. I could tell her appetite just isn't up to normal. She had a good evening all though clingy at times. She did get a time out for biting me for no reason at all. She fell asleep pretty quickly last night, but was up alot coughing...she has that deep chest cough, but it sounds like a productive cough, so I think it is just a matter of time for that to pass.

Jeff was on late shift at work so we let Gracie sleep in this morning til 6:45 a.m. She awoke in sleepy but good mood. She was happy to eat a good breakfast and was ready to play. Jeff dropped her off at daycare and she was ready to play.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: