Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday - A Good Day

Gracie had a fairly good night and slept well. She did wake up and sit up for a while around 2:30 a.m., but the next time I woke up she was sleeping again, so I guess she must not have been up for long, as she most certainly does not like me to be asleep if she isn't...she goes for the eyes.

Gracie was such a good girl today. She had fun at daycare and her buddy Aubrey was there today. Gracie and Aubrey get along so well. Aubrey is younger than Gracie, but is much more talkative, yet she gets Gracie going a bit. Today all of the kids at daycare practiced saying "trick or treat" and then Mandy gave them a treat. Gracie didn't say it, but got her treat too...I think her smile won her over. So tonight on the way home from daycare we practiced saying "trick or treat". Gracie has decided saying "treat" is good enough! Perhaps we'll have to work on a "please" to follow the word "treat".

Gracie was such a sweetheart tonight, very helpful, and mostly happy. I think we may have conquered the biting situation. We hardly see Gracie bite us anymore, she has changed the bites into kisses unless she is really mad. Well tonight she was very mad at the computer and when I came to help her, her teeth hit my hand, but before they could sink in, she thought better of it and turned it into a kiss without a reminder from me. I hope this positive progress continues. Timeouts are a beautiful thing.

Gracie had a major meltdown when Jeff came home. She was so excited that he was home, but I think it was just too much to process and she suddenly just started having a tantrum and didn't want him anywhere near her. Once she calmed down, all was fine and she was only too happy to give him hugs and have him hold her.

Gracie was very aware of the wind tonight. It even seemed to scare her a bit. She would get a very worried look on her face. I explained quite frequently that it was just the wind blowing and nothing to be scared of. She knows what wind is, so that would make her feel better for a little bit until she would hear another gust.

She is sleeping very peacefully right now. I think we may need some extra blankets on the bed tonight. BRRRRRR.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: