Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday - A Fun Day

Gracie had a fairly good night and awoke in a very good mood. She ate a good breakfast and we headed to daycare. She had a fit (screaming and fussing) when the two girls at daycare got too close to her when we first arrived. Gracie needs a minute to transition.

I picked Gracie up early as our daycare will be on vacation for a few days. We played outside, we walked, I gave her a wagon ride, she played with the rocks, she played in the backyard on her playset, and she was brutal to the Asian beetles that thought they should sit on her slide. She didn't think they should be there, so she removed them, none to gently.

Gracie went up to a tree and was rubbing her hand on the trunk. I told her it was a tree trunk and she repeated me. Then she told me it was "hard". I think she might have meant "rough", so we talked about what hard means and what rough means.

Gracie ate a ton of food for supper and was in a very good mood tonight. Although she did put her fingers down her throat again today to induce vomiting (which is usually the sign of a sore throat) and told me that her throat hurt and that she needed medicine. I hope she isn't coming down with another cold. Although my throat has been feeling raw all week too.

Gracie is now sleeping -- I get to take her to school tomorrow rather than her riding the bus. I'm very excited to see how she does.

Sweet dreams.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: