Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday - Gracie & Mom's Day

Gracie woke up with a mondo bloody nose at 3:30 a.m. this morning (the second time this week) and had a hard time falling back to sleep. Needless to say we had lots of laundry to deal with this morning as her sheets and pillowcase were full of blood, as well as her jammies. She finally fell back to sleep an hour later and got to sleep in until 6:45 a.m.

Gracie and I had the day to play. We went to Target and Gracie helped me shop and even got a new toy cell phone that she quite enjoys. She enjoyed riding in the cart AND being out of the cart helping me to push it. Then we headed to the mall. We had a shirt to exchange, but other than that nothing pressing and it was early and it wasn't busy so I let her just run down the halls and she was in her glory. Then she got to ride the escalator up and down...she LOVES escalators.

After that we headed home, ate lunch, and headed outside to play for a while. It was so beautiful out and Gracie was enjoying it. We played on the slide, I pushed her in the swing, we walked, Gracie drew on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, she hung out in her little pink plastic car that is so small for her, daddy had to remove the door just so we can get her in it. She was not happy when it was time to go in the house for a nap and she let me know she wasn't happy.

After a little over an hour nap, we headed back outside to play until supper time. Gracie had a great time outside and is just a happy happy girl when she is out in the fresh air. She was very talkative today and had lots to say. She was also very much a mama's girl, even when daddy came home. She just didn't want me out of her sight.

I put Pull-ups on Gracie today -- the ones where you feel a cool sensation when you wet them. I think they worked....she informed me when she wet them. I think that is the biggest problem we have with starting potty training. Gracie doesn't always know when she is going, but always knows when she has gone. We'll see how this goes.

Gracie didn't have much of an appetite today, but as always ate her fruit for supper. I can almost always count on her to eat that, even if she doesn't want anything else.

Gracie was a splash monster in the tub tonight...speaking of monsters, she is starting to understand that some things about Halloween are scary. There was a commercial on TV today about Halloween and she started to fuss and get scared. Then at the mall we passed by a store with scary Halloween stuff and she let me know she was scared.

Daddy put Gracie to bed tonight. This hardly ever happens, she always requests me. I was totally shocked when she was fine with daddy putting her to bed. This is a good thing. :)

I totally enjoyed our day together. Tomorrow she is hanging out with daddy. Although I think he has it easy....tomorrow is pajama day at school, so he won't even have to get her dressed.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: