Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday - The Cold is Still in Full Force

Gracie had a much better night last night, but still stirred here and there. I have caught her cold, so I didn't sleep so wonderfully. She awoke at about 6:00 a.m. and was in a very good mood despite a nose that constantly is running.

I call Gracie "Lovey" sometimes. Today I headed out the door to my hair appointment and Gracie told me "Bye Lovey". She has been just cracking us up lately with her words and antics. She has such an awesome sense of humor. More new words independently said: "scissors", "kitchen", "dvd", "music" (she has signed it for a long time, today she said it), and "vaseline". I've been putting vaseline on her poor little nose and today she asked for it by name. A mere 6 months ago she would scream uncontrollably if I put Vaseline on her.

Gracie now finishes a ton of song sentences that she sings with Jeff and she is starting to finish words on the pages of books that we read frequently. She just amazes us everyday with the things she has learned.

It was a soup day for Gracie as her throat is still hurting. She had chicken noodle soup for lunch and chili (non-spicy/no beans/very brothy) for supper and really seemed to enjoy both, wanting lots of the broth. She is also addicted to Oreos and chocolate fudge brownies. Tonight she told me she had a sore throat (she runs her hand down it to tell me it hurts), then she asked for "medicine". Now I know her throat does hurt still, but her love of the bubble gum flavored acetamenophin doesn't help matters.

Gracie had a 1/2 hour nap today and then was wide awake, which is why she went to bed tonight before 8:00 p.m.

She was a good girl all day. We did have a few tantrums here and there, but all dealable. She did lose her balance today on daddy's watch and smacked her face on the wall (she demonstrated this to me when I got home) and had a doozie of a bloody nose. She also had the diarhea all day. We were struggling with constipation all week and now the flood gates have opened. The only way we could get her to take meds was to use Cool Whip and peanut butter last night...wondering if the Cool Whip is now messing with her dairy intolerant G.I. system.

We did go outside for a while this afternoon as she was going stir-crazy. We bundled her up tight, but a warm headband on her ears and mittens on her hands and it did wonders for her. She insisted upon pushing the lawn mower (yes the one that cuts our grass) up and down the block. She is a strong girl.

She is in bed now and I'm headed there too...my turn to sleep off this cold. I'm hoping for nice weather, we are having her 3-year pix taken tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: