Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday - Gracie's First Full Sentence

Gracie had a good night as long as her head was laying on me. I think the upright position helped her to breathe better. Her nose is still running full force and this is day 4 of the constant running. I have no idea where all this goop is coming from. Gracie awoke at 5:30 a.m. and was ready to get up for the day. She was a very happy girl at times and a very cranky girl at times. It was a day of ups and downs.

She continues to talk up a storm at home and she said her first full sentence today. She indicated she had a sore throat and then said, and I quote, "I want some medicine." She got lunch instead. She did get some of her loved bubblegum acetaminophen later. Having her cold and sore throat now, I understand why she would ask for some relief.

We had Gracie's 3-year pix taken today. I thought about cancelling with her cold and feeling under the weather, but the photographer was coming in from 40 miles away and who knows when the weather will be this beautiful again. Gracie was so mad in the car on the way there because she wanted daddy to come with, that she put her fingers down her throat and made herself throw up. Thank heavens she was wearing a coat to catch the vomit.

Gracie fell in love with the photographer immediately. I'm hoping that we got some good pictures. It was a beautiful day with some beautiful fall colors.

Gracie was very tired and quite moody tonight, but enjoyed listening to music and watching her Gymbo video. She is now fast asleep....I think I has better go rest my weary head as well.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

Jane Kaylor said...

hope she's getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.