Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Weekend

On Saturday Gracie awoke at 5:30 a.m. and was ready to start the day, but was very fussy, seemed tired, still didn't feel great and just wanted to be held. She played a little here and there, but mostly just wanted her mommy. At about 10:00 a.m my sister called and I was sitting on the rocking chair with Gracie in my lap when I noticed she was being very quiet and very still. I looked down and she was fast asleep while I talked on the phone. She slept like that for over an hour. She was a little happier when she woke up. This nap made taking an afternoon nap not happen. So Jeff, Gracie and I played outside. We pulled Gracie around the neighborhood in her wagon and just hung out outside.

Gracie's cognitive skills continue to blossom. Yesterday she was playing with a toy that had a monkey on it. She told me that was a monkey. Then I asked her what the monkey says and she said "ooooh ooooh". She talked alot yesterday and most of what she had to say was understandable.

She had a bit of a restless night, but awoke in a good mood this morning at 6:00 a.m. She had a bit of an upset stomach and didn't want food or seizure meds. After a couple of dirty diapers, I was able to get them in her with the bribe of a mini-Twix candy bar.

Jeff had to work today, so Gracie and I played outside on her slide, took walks, played with her water table on the deck, and went shopping. Gracie has outgrown her tennis shoes...well actually one foot did, one was rubbing, so we got the next size up and she is so proud of her shoes. When we showed them to daddy tonight she asked that we put them "on".

We went to Target today and we walked by a witch with a motion sensor. When you walk by she comes alive and makes this nasty witch laughing sound. Gracie was scared out of her mind - she let out a horrendous scream and then started crying. I took her away from the witch as fast as I could and tried to reassure her. I heard about it pretty much the whole time we were in the store.

Gracie was a very good girl today, but wasn't super hungry. Her nose wasn't runny today for the first time in almost two weeks. YAY!!!

Tonight Gracie took a muffin pan out of the cupboard. She loves to pretend to cook. So I pretended to put some stuff in the pan and told her to go put it in the oven. I was surprised when she marched into the kitchen and was going to really put it in the oven. So I helped her and we set the timer for a few seconds. When the timer went off, we opened the door to check it and took it out with a potholder. Oh was she sad when there wasn't any food in it. She was expecting muffins or cake...two of her favorite things. I felt bad. I told Jeff that he was a magician, why didn't he make some cake appear.

She is fast asleep and breathing very quietly...another thing that hasn't happened for almost two weeks. Yay...she is on the mend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: