Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday - The Character Parade

Gracie had a pretty good night, although she did wake up to the sound of the strong winds a couple of times and seemed worried. I snuggled with her and assured her it was just the wind. I'm pretty sure it was the wind that woke her up while I was in the shower this morning too. Daddy scooped her up and comforted her then.

The wind was so crazy, I could hardly get her out of the car at daycare. Once I did get her out, her Dora stocking hat flew right off of her head. She kept gasping like she couldn't catch her breath. I scooped her up then and we ran to the door.

Today at school Gracie had a character parade...I'm guessing it probably isn't politically correct to have "Halloween" festivities. I dressed Gracie in a black kitten dress, a gift from her Aunt Sheila and family, and sent her to school looking absolutely adorable. I've included a couple of pix, although she wasn't very cooperative in letting me take them.




I think she was a busy girl in school. She came home with a library book, a pumpkin booklet that she made, and a follow the leader poster that she made with a duck following Gracie. She also had two pumpkins in her bag. One was very tiny and the other they drew a face on...it even had earrings drawn on it. I'm pretty sure she had help with that. That would also explain why her bag was so heavy. Her two female bus drivers also gave her a Halloween treat bag with a few sweet treats, a pumpkin bubble container, a pencil, a notepad, and a few other fun little things. There was also a sucker in it...I realized that Gracie has never had a sucker. We might have to try that with lots of supervision. I thought it was so sweet that they would give her a treat bag.

Gracie fell asleep on the bus ride home and didn't take an afternoon nap. As tired as she was all night, she was still in a very good, if not mellow mood. At one point she and Jeff just sat on the floor playing with Legos. For those of you that know Gracie well, she doesn't sit still for anything but books, music, or tv. Most of the time she can't even sit still for a meal for long...but here she was on the floor just playing with Legos. Incredible. I know Mandy has been working on that with her at daycare. I can tell all of her hardwork is paying off.

Gracie fell asleep in about 2.5 seconds tonight and is tucked in underneath her fleece blanket. Snug as a bug in a rug.
Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: