Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday - The Cold Continues

Gracie had a horrible night last night. She awoke at 11:15 p.m. and I held her and walked with her til 12:30 a.m. when she finally fell back to sleep. I rocked her in the rocking chair while she slept to keep her upright until 1:30 a.m., when she started to get restless. I put her back to bed where she slept soundly for a couple of hours before stirring and getting restless all over again. She just couldn't breathe and her cold is making her feel miserable. This also means that she doesn't want to eat and when she doesn't want to eat, she doesn't want to take her meds. I can't even begin to count how many spoonfuls of seizure meds got spit out of that childs mouth today. We think we finally got enough in...but it's a guessing game.

Gracie did have a good day at daycare despite the runny nose. She was a little more irritable here at home tonight though. I picked her up some homestyle chicken noodle soup from Noodles and she wanted nothing to do with it. I thought that would definitely be a good thing. I was wrong.

She was very chatty tonight and had some new independent words. She greeted me at the door tonight pointing to her shirt and telling me the picture on it was a "butterfly". She was right.

I'm headed to bed...didn't get much sleep last night and not sure what tonight will bring.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie-Gooey Nose

No comments: