Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday/Wednesday - Meds Increased

Gracie had an incredibly restless night on Monday & Tuesday night, but I'm happy to say no night terrors. Last night she kept calling out in her sleep. I would calmly tell her that mommy was there and pat her back and she would calm down for a bit, only to get restless again a bit later. She awoke this morning in a happy mood. I snuggled with her for a bit when I got out of the shower and when I told her I had to go get dressed, she gave me a huge hug around my neck and decided not to let go. I guess she wanted me to stay. When Jeff told her he was going to take a shower, she told him to "go". Then as he headed out the door she changed her mind and wanted him to stay. So silly.

We increased Gracie's seizure meds yesterday and already are seeing a bit of a burst in her language skills. When she wants to read a book, she will tell us "book" and sometimes she will sign the word book. Last night she told me "read book".

Gracie was a complete riot last night, she would lean her back on the couch cushion and slowly slide down until she fell on the floor. She thought this was hilarious and did it over and over and over again. Each time she did it, she would giggle and giggle. I love that sound.

Yesterday at daycare they played outside and caught bugs. They caught some grasshoppers and a butterfly. I just love that they do this at daycare. Such a good experience for her and I don't have to do it, because I hate bugs!

Today it is back to school. I can't wait to hear what she learned today.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: