Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday - Another Seizure! Ugh!

Gracie had a great night and woke up at 6:30 a.m. We got up, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and headed to church. Gracie was a little more moody today, but still alot of fun. She did great during the music at church, but I had to take her out during the message again. At greeting time, Gracie greeted the woman behind us with a big hug and decided to hang out with her for a good part of the service. She couldn't have picked a nicer person -- Brenda has a heart of gold.

After church we ran to ShopKo real quick and before we got out of the car, Gracie was acting real spacie and then she had an absence seizure. Jeff and I both witnessed it and yesterday she has some tremor like movements that I suspected were seizure activity as well. Oh I hate seizures. At any rate, we have a note into her doctor and I'm sure we will increase meds again as our peanut just gained a couple of pounds. I think her legs are growing!

Gracie took an hour nap today and then we played outside for the rest of the afternoon. We drew ghosts and pumpkins on our driveway with sidewalk chalk and Gracie helped me color them. We took a walk to the school playground again, and just hung out.

We had BBQ Country Style ribs for supper and potatoes and crescent rolls...all favorites of Gracie's. She ate a good supper, then had a chocolate chip muffin and later a rice krispie bar...she must be growing.

She had a great time splashing in the tub tonight. As for new fun things from Gracie, she now points out her shadow to us on the wall of her bedroom and says "shadow", she can make this pig sound in the back of her throat that just cracks me up. When I ask if there is a pig in the house it cracks her up. When I ask her about the picture she made in school (which is a 'G'), she tells me it is a "G", she initiated drawing on the driveway with chalk, made me open up the garage door so she could get it, says "llama" only it sounds like "mama", says "boo" for a ghost, and can say the word "pumpkin" and knows what a pumpkin is...she loves pumpkins and is drawn to pumpkins in the store.

It's back to school for Gracie tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: