Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday - Making Friends at School

Gracie had a great night until about 4:00 a.m. when she awoke. She finally fell back to sleep at about 4:30 a.m. and then was awake for the day by 5:30 a.m. She was in a happy mood and after eating her waffle for breakfast, she took me to the cupboard and informed me she wanted a "bun". So she munched happily on a plain hamburger bun. How weird is that?

Gracie was a little hesitant to let me leave when I took her to daycare. That is until Mandy suggested they go find a book to read.

Today was a school day and here is the note Gracie's teacher sent home for me. I think my little girl is making friends.

Grace had a big smile coming off the bus today. Her friend Brock was glad to see her and held her hand for a minute. She didn't seem to mind and even smiled at him before taking her hand back a minute later. Grace was the calendar helper today - she held the pointer and helped count to the date and point to the day/month for her friends.

I love getting little glimpses into her school day. I picked her up at daycare and it was a rough night. She screamed, cried, fussed, whined all the way home. Once home not much made her happy and what did make her happy was short-lived. I finally put down her Tinkerbell Fleece blanket, turned on a music dvd and layed down and snuggled with her for a while. If I even moved to go check on her supper she would get very upset. She needed to be held close. She was very happy to see supper. She ate a chicken patty, a whole pear, part of my waffle, two cookies, and yogurt, with a glass of juice and part of a glass of milk. Not a morsel was left on her plate. She was a little happier after she ate, but that spiraled downward quickly. Finally I put on her jammies, picked her up and sang to her. She fell asleep in less than a minute. So my little one has been in bed since 7:15 p.m. I hope that doesn't mean she'll be up early tomorrow.

Jeff is still working and the house is too quiet.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: