Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday - Just Mom & Gracie

Gracie had a restless night and awoke way too early and was extremely grumpy. Nothing was right. She had a tantrum when I asked her if she wanted juice for breakfast. She had another meltdown when I asked her if she wanted milk for breakfast. A simple "no" would have been sufficient. I knew we were going to have problems with meds, because nothing was right. So I made her favorite cinnamon rolls, put her Tinkerbell blanket down on the floor in the living room, and we had a picnic breakfast. Suddenly life was good...yogurt with meds slid down beautifully. She was very clingy today and wanted to be held a lot. She did pull at her ear a bit today and indicated to me that she has a sore throat. She now rubs her hand on her neck to tell me this...which is so helpful to know.

We did get out for a few errands today -- we were low on her coconut milk yogurt, etc. Gracie was good as gold when we were out and about.

Gracie took an almost two hour nap and awoke happy but still didn't seem to have a great abundance of energy. She wanted to go outside for a walk, but when it came to walking, she wanted to be held. At 42 lbs., I'm finding that to be a difficult task for long periods of time, so I put her in the wagon. She did help me pull the wagon at one point and she also gathered some leaves from the sidewalk. Our neighbor boys were outside as we headed to our backyard so we invited them to play with Gracie on her playset. She loved having them play, she didn't interact with them so much, but loved to watch them.

Gracie got to pick ice cream or making a smoothie for her meds this evening. She picked smoothie, so much healthier and yummy. Then we had supper. Gracie decided that she was done with her plate, jumped up on my lap and decided to help me eat my sandwich....a bbq pork roast from the crockpot...it just melted in our mouths. Yum.

Gracie heard daddy come home before I did...she jumped up off the chair and went running. She was so happy to see him. We had a good night, complete with splashing wars in the bathtub. To anyone who sees her crooked piggytails tomorrow, I did the best I could.

She fell right to sleep tonight, she was a very tired girl. It was nice having a day to snuggle and just hang out.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: